we are committed to the transition
to a Circular Economy, in which
Urban Mining plays a central role
Circular Industries is an integrator of proven Technologies that enable maximum, sustainable, circular and economically feasible recovery of (Critical) Raw Materials from complex secondary sources.
We are currently finalizing the financing of the Urban Mining Factory Printed Circuit Boards, an investment of € 43.5 million. This factory is located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
our mission is to keep (Critical) Raw Materials available for the economically and healthily wellbeing of humanity
Niels Wagemaker (co-founder)
Worked at Greenpeace’s Head Office from 1996-1999. Within the Office Management department responsible for technical support and green procurement of supplies. Entrepreneured in the IT sector since the late 1990s till 2010. After that responsible for setting up and managing large national and international investment funds. From 2013 active as a sustainable entrepreneur, first from a consultancy role and now as a driver of a new generation of Raw Materials factories. Business Developer with broad expertise. Learning a lot about project finance, a new area of expertise.
Martin van Zanten (co-founder)
Former Technical Officer (Technical Squadron Commander in the rank of Major) at the Royal Netherlands Air Force. Hereafter employed as Quality and Program Manager at Fokker Aircraft.
After spending decades in aviation, started as Managing Director at Bureau Veritas Netherlands - responsible for testing, inspecting and certifying company assets, products, infrastructure and business processes. Guided after this position, as a self-employed consultant, large and complex infrastructure projects. Specialist, trainer and author in the Systems Engineering (SE) method, to which he has added ‘Extended’ (ESE), in the context of demonstrability and traceability. First time right is the goal.
Former Integration / Program Manager at Fokker Aircraft and Fokker Space & Systems. After that gained experience as Technical Director at LOFAR Foundation, a sensor network for astronomical applications. The last employment was as Director at Sensor City Foundation - responsible for development and implementation of an urban sensor network. Always worked within technically highly innovative and complex environments. Involved in the plans of Circular Industries for many years now, whereby the technical implementation of the proven technologies and the interfaces between these technologies are under his responsibilities.
Advisor to the founders
• Previously Global Vice President Strategy, Economics & Planning at Shell.
• Previously Global Vice President Petroleum Engineering & Development at Shell.
• Founder and Executive Chairman of Tulip Oil B.V., a company focused on exploration and production of oil and gas fields.
• 22 years of experience in several financial roles at AEGON and Nationale-Nederlanden;
• Founder and 10 years of experience as Managing Director of the Floreijn Group; (now part of Söderberg & Partners)
• Dedicated driver of all the work that remains in the financial and legal field.
• Previously Senior Consultant at DNV GL, inspecting and qualifying welders’ qualifications, metal constructions and material certificates, amongst others;
• Experience in consulting in the manufacturing industry, with a specialization in metal products as owner of Saffir and as member of High-Tech Alliance Cooperation, which provides suitable specialists to new innovative projects.
• Former Business Development Director at SAC Europe;
• Previously Business Development manager at Sinopec Europe and Trade and Contract Manager at the Dutch Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management;
• Experience as Procurement Manager at Procon Europe in the Netherlands and Air Liquide in Germany.
• Over 20 years experience in Human Resource Management and Office Management;
• Specialized in the support of SMEs, for which a lot of general knowledge is required;
• Involved in the Urban Mining Project project since the beginning.
© 2020 Circular Industries. All rights reserved.